It was lovely to see entire faces last Sunday! Just a reminder for those who missed last week’s announcement in our Friday Eblast:
- Masks are no longer required for fully vaccinated worshipers.
- If you have not been fully vaccinated, please wear a mask to protect yourself and others. Masks should be worn over both nose and mouth. Children under age 12, who are not yet eligible to be vaccinated, are asked to wear masks.
- Anyone who does not feel well is encouraged to stay at home and access the 11am worship service by the livestream.
- We will be serving Communion by intinction and will also continue to make the prepared Communion cups available.
- Good Shepherd members and friends are encouraged to be vaccinated if you are eligible.
Join us for in-person worship this Sunday, June 27 for our 9am Contemporary Worship or our 11am Traditional Worship. If you prefer, join us for our livestream worship at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB0pmVpzD0gany time after 10:55am Sunday morning. You can also go to https://www.youtube.com/c/GoodShepherdLutheranReno to find our livestreams and recordings any time.
Please RSVP for the Next Congregational Meeting to be held this Sunday at 10am
We will hold a congregational meeting to approve the 2021 budget this Sunday, June 27 at 10am. Your attendance and votes are needed. Please RSVP, if you haven’t already, at https://rsvp.church/r/aHUBFkfG so we know if we have a quorum.
Shared Harvest – Assembly is this Sunday, June 27
There is a bin in the Welcoming Space this Sunday to drop off your donations.
- Cold Cereal (We need 26 boxes.)
- Canned Fruit (We need 26 cans.)
- Chicken Noodle Soup (We need 26 cans.)
- Tuna (We need 26 cans.)
- Deodorant (We need as many as possible.)
- Razors (We need as many as possible.)
* Worship on Sunday, July 4
On the 4th of July, we welcome guest preacher and presider retired pastor Carl Wilfrid.
* The office will be closed Monday, July 5.
* Twist, Tie & Dye – Our Summer Tie Dye Event for All Ages – July 11
On Sunday, July 11 at noon, we’ll be making tie dye shirts in anticipation of the Northern Nevada Pride Parade which is July 24. Get your white shirt (or socks or towels or shorts) now and join us on July 11 for some twisting, tying and dyeing! We’ll be BBQing hot dogs! For questions contact Ciara Hornbarger at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 329-0696.
* Pride Sunday – Sunday, July 18, Pride Week Kick-off!
Help us celebrate Northern Nevada Pride Week!
- Wear your tie-dyed shirt or colorful clothing to worship!
- We also celebrate the return of the “Potluck” - Bring a colorful potluck dish to share for our morning brunch between worship from 10am-11am!
- March with Good Shepherd in the Pride Parade on Saturday, July 24!
Parade Details: Meet at the Good Shepherd’s parking lot at 9:15am Saturday, July 24 and at 9:30am we’ll walk to the parade starting location at 5th and Virginia with our Good Shepherd banner. The parade route ends at Island where you can then visit the booths at the festival or come back to Good Shepherd.
* Sunday, July 25 – It’s Christmas In July!
- Ho-Ho-Ho Holy Night! Dig out that Christmas sweater, put your jingle bells on,
- Coffee Hour resumes! Share your favorite Christmas cookies and join us Sunday morning, July 25.
- We will tell the story of Christ’s birth (in person!) once again this year.
- We also encourage you to take this time to share a special financial gift to Good Shepherd. A special offering will be taken in worship July 25 or you can make a contribution (Memo: Xmas in July) through our website, cell phone app Give+ or mail a check.
* Thursday, July 29 – Women’s Bible Study Fellowship
Women of Good Shepherd are invited to attend a fellowship gathering in Shepherd Hall at 10am on Thursday, July 29. Bring your own drink, and we’ll have muffins available. We’ll be discussing the “what and who” of our next Bible study which will begin in September. All women who are interested in attending the next Bible Study or a future one are welcome. Please RSVP to email@example.com so I know how many muffins to have available.
The peace of the Lord be with you.