Role/Purpose: The Office Coordinator supports the work of church staff and primary leaders through a variety of office administrative tasks.
Working Relationships: The Office Coordinator is a member of the LCGS staff who is supervised by the Director of Operations and works closely with the Lead Pastor, Director of Worship and Finance, and Faith Formation Coordinator. He or she has frequent interaction with church members and leaders and is the first person to greet people by phone or at the office door.
- As a member of the staff, participate in weekly staff meetings, be accessible by various communication means, and maintain office hours.
- Process incoming mail and perform general receptionist duties including receive incoming phone calls, greet office visitors, keep office tidy and organized
- Provide clerical and computer support for staff members, including processing mailings, assisting with copying of worship bulletins, creating signs for events
- Serve as liaison for Recovery Groups, janitorial staff, property contractors and vendors
- Distribute keys to authorized persons and maintain records
- Manage office supply inventory including ordering new supplies and materials as needed
- Perform other tasks as required by the Pastor or Directors
- Assist Director of Worship in creating worship slides and graphics
- Provide AV assistance and help with other tasks on Sunday mornings
- Coordinate some ministry programs
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills; ability to work with people of all ages and socio-economic backgrounds, including volunteers
- Advanced computer knowledge of Microsoft Office including Publisher, Word, PowerPoint, & Excel
- Experience creating graphics, especially with Canva, is a plus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Willingness to follow directions, identify priorities and make decisions related to the position
- Ability to be flexible and support other administrative personnel as needed
- Creative problem solver
Experience: Education, Work, Church-related:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum two years office clerical experience
- Ability to work in a Christian environment or experience working in a church congregation or church-related setting preferred
Anticipated Schedule and Compensation:
- Part time, around 20-24 hours per week: Sunday 8:30-12:30; Monday through Thursday 9am-2pm
- Salary: $15-$18 per hour depending on experience
Application: Please provide a cover letter and resume and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application period open until position filled.